Maintenance Of Your Kitchen: How To Make Your Kitchen Look New
Have you ever heard the kitchen is called the heart of the home? That is because it is not just a place where we prepare meals; it is a gathering place and probably the one room in the house where families spend most of their time together.
To maintain its beautiful look, we could remodel, but if you are not ready to take on such a huge project then here are some tips that will help you give new life to your kitchen without spending too much money.
Simple tips for updating the look of your kitchen
Cabinets should be your first target.
- Paint- Painting your Kitchen cabinets is one of the easiest ways to update look of an aging kitchen. A coat of paint can easily brighten up old cabinets and cheer up the whole room. You should try to paint your kitchen walls and cabinets with a lighter color. Lighter colors reflect light and hide a multitude of imperfections, including scratches, dents and dings.
- Change or add hardware on your cabinets- Since hardware is the jewelry of the cabinets, you should update knobs, pulls and hinges. This is an easy fix that does not break the bank!
- Give your cabinets a facelift – When you reface your kitchen cabinets, the doors and drawers are removed and covered with a veneer or plastic laminate. et fronts are made to match. You can really update your kitchen by choosing a new color cabinet with new hardware.
If you want to start by doing work in other places in your kitchen
- Backsplash- The backsplash is one of the most visible materials in your kitchen. You will have many options when choosing to update your backsplash and each will give you a very different, updated look to your kitchen. You can choose from natural or artificial stone, wooden backsplash, tile backsplash and so much more.
- Improve lighting- The most overlooked item in every room is the lighting. But don’t forget, it can make a huge difference in updating look of a room. There are many types of lighting available in the market like ambient, task, accent etc, that will help you update the look of your kitchen with a budget.
- Flooring- Always consider slip- resistant and easy to maintain flooring. You will have many choices in flooring. You can choose from wood, tile, stone, and many other very cost effective materials. Choose materials that will last longer and boost the value of your home.
- Add plants- Plants can add elegance, life and interest to any kitchen space.
- Switch plates- Swap out your switch plates if they are dirty and dingy. Make sure all your plates match and try to match them to your appliances if you can.
Remember that we can help you with any of these solutions. You do not have to feel alone just because you are not ready to completely renovate your kitchen. Feel free to give us a call or come visit our showroom for more ideas.
Some more ideas……….
- A range hood is a quick and easy way to update the look of your kitchen. Plus it is a great way to prevent cooking odors.
- Walk In pantry’s are making a big comeback in kitchen design. It gives you a lot of storage that is also very easy to access.