Important aspect of kitchen Lighting
Lighting affects the functionality of a space and how we feel when we are spending time there. But numerous times, lighting is always overlooked while decorating kitchen. In all of the time you spend choosing the best cabinets and appliances for your kitchen, many people neglect the importance of the proper light fixture. Lighting not only illuminates your kitchen, it can also decorate the best parts of your kitchen’s style.
Carefully thought out lighting can be your kitchen’s best asset. Here are some tips that will help you while choosing lighting for your kitchen.
Types of lighting
Choose from different types of Kitchen Lighting and decide which type will be best for you.
- Ambient lighting- This is also called general lighting. It is intended to create a uniform light level throughout a space. It is the key for creating a laid- back feel. It takes many forms which include ceiling mounted or recessed fixtures that direct the light downwards and floor lamp that wash the walls with light.
- Task- This type of lighting is targeted to a particular area, especially work spaces. For example countertops where you are prepping food or inside a pantry closet as it make you able to see what goods are stocked on these shelves.
- Accent- It is also called highlighting. This lighting draws attention to a particular object such as bookcases or plants. It adds depth and dimension to the environment.
- Function of your kitchen- Lighting depends on how you use your kitchen. For example- If you only use your kitchen for cooking, then you can choose simple lighting, and if you also eat in your kitchen then you can choose dim lighting.
- Efficiency – You can use fluorescent bulbs if your need is to go extended periods without changing bulbs. These bulbs work best in compact kitchens with light colored walls.
- Warmer lights – You should buy incandescent lights if you to make comfortable and pleasant atmosphere in your kitchen. They burn out more than florescent lights and these bulbs generate more heat than other types of bulbs.
- Halogen lights- If you want to decorate your kitchen with accent lighting, choose halogen lighting. These lights are a good choice for placing over cabinets or countertops. You can use halogen bulbs in directional
As previously state: lighting affects the functionality of a space and how we feel when we are spending time there. With these tips you may now be able to choose the ambiance of your updated kitchen.