What to Expect During Your Kitchen Make-Over
The kitchen is the heart of the home, where family meals get prepared, your kids homework gets completed, and family and friends gather to create wonderful lasting memories. It isn’t a surprise that kitchen remodeling is the number one renovation project and one of the most important investments you can make to increase the value of your home. Kitchen remodeling projects can range from small updates like countertop replacements, simple reconfigurations in order to make the space more comfortable and efficient, or major remodeling in order to create a completely new kitchen.
ASPEN KITCHENS INC. Custom Kitchen Remodeling has over 20 years in the industry renovating and designing custom kitchens. Whether you’re planning a full kitchen remodel or a basic makeover, contact ASPEN KITCHENS INC. to schedule your free in-home design consultation.
Below is an example breakdown of what you can expect during the Kitchen Remodeling Process.
The Basic Kitchen Remodeling Process
During a kitchen remodel, your project might follow these basic steps:
- We schedule a time to meet with you at your house to review what you are looking for in both design and functionality for the new kitchen. While at your house, we will measure and take pictures of your existing kitchen, as well as discuss with you a budget to utilize for design needs.
- Within 48 hours of the estimate, we will provide you with a 3-D virtual design of your new proposed kitchen, and if applicable different options that are available within your budget needs.
- Upon approval of design, we will schedule a meeting in our showroom to pick out your cabinets, granite, backsplash and flooring if needed.
- Once you make the final selections we will provide a contract showing the complete scope of work to be performed, to include materials being used and finalized cost of project.
- Once contract is signed, we will order the cabinets and coordinate a start date for your remodel and begin the permitting process.
- As the date gets closer to begin the project, your designer will schedule a time to meet with you and the project manager assigned to your job to review the scope of work and finalize any pertinent details.
- If you plan to stay in your home during the remodel, we’ll set up a temporary kitchen for you in a convenient place. We’ll also install any necessary floor, wall and dust protection, to seal off the work area from the rest of the house.
- The first day begins with demolition, which depending on the design, the amount of demolition and debris created varies. If needed, ASPEN KITCHENS INC. will coordinate to have a dumpster delivered on site, or will remove all debris ourselves and take to the landfill.
- After demolition, if needed walls are framed or altered as well as any electrical or plumbing modifications are made.
- Next comes the insulation, sheet rock, and finishing of walls and ceilings.
- If needed the kitchen floor tile will be installed.
- The time has come for the new cabinets to be installed.
- Next is the template of the countertops. Within 7-10 days the countertop is installed with your new kitchen sink.
- Once counter top is installed we will install any appliances and the tile backsplash.
- Lastly the finish details are added at the end, such as lighting fixtures, outlet and switch covers, drawer & cabinet pulls and any other hardware.