Renovating the Heart of Your Home
In many places, the kitchen is the heart of our home. It is a place where we cook our favorite dishes, and prepare meals for family gatherings and parties. This also means that things like the kitchen flooring see a lot of foot traffic and is prone to spills. When considering these situations, it is very important that you should choose flooring that can withstand constant traffic and make the style statement you want. Aspen Kitchens Inc. will meet your remodeling needs, and help you get the kitchen of your dreams.
The variety of materials and styles available can make choosing a kitchen flooring an overwhelming experience. Below are the pros and cons of some popular flooring materials which will make it easy for you to choose the flooring for your kitchen.
Types of Flooring
- Hardwood Flooring- Wood flooring is the choice of many homeowners, since it is durable, and natural looking. Undoubtedly, wood floors are a sound investment, increasing the value of homes and easily update the design of the home. The main drawback of wood floors is that they are susceptible to water damage and scratches. It is recommended for wood floors to be resealed after every five years.
- Ceramic Tile- Available in a variety of colors, sizes, shapes and patterns, so you can create the look that meet your tastes. Ceramic tiles are durable and easy to clean. These floors can be slippery when wet.
- Cork- Cork provides a unique texture and a padded feel underfoot. Cork floors are able to absorb vibrations and sound. They are available in a variety of finishes. Cork has a waxy substance in it which repels insects and pests. It is expensive and sensitive to scratches.
- Laminate- It comes in a variety of styles. It is scratch resistant and durable. It does not require too much maintenance- just sweep and damp- mop. It is a simple and modern solution for kitchen flooring. Water exposure can cause laminate flooring to warp.
- Vinyl- It is available in a variety of colors, designs and styles. It is affordable and water resistant. Vinyl is available in sheets as well as tiles. If you are buying vinyl tile then keep one thing in your mind that the traffic bearing capacity of vinyl depends on its thickness. The main drawback of vinyl is that it can be easily scratched or gouged.
- Concrete- The contemporary look and tone of concrete is hard to match. It is ideal for warm climates as it stays cool even in the hottest weather. There are a variety of designs available in concrete. A sealed and properly maintained concrete can last forever. It is durable and moisture resistant.
Aspen Kitchens Inc. is dedicated to installing, designing, or remodeling your home with the best materials, designers and team. Feel free to contact our team for a consultation and pricing.