Dos and Don’ts of Bathroom Remodel
A bathroom remodel is a great way to increase the value of your home and give it a functional refreshing. But remodeling a bathroom can be an overwhelming and time consuming task. Bathrooms can be a difficult space to work in and changes need to be properly planned before the work starts. Below are some dos and don’ts for bathroom remodeling which will help you in making your bathroom remodel colorado springs a success.
Dos for Bathroom Remodeling
- Do make a plan- Remodeling bathroom is not a small task. Therefore before starting your remodeling work, make a proper plan. People who do less homework before they began their bathroom remodel project tend to face more problems.
- Do create a budget- Creating a budget will make it easy for you to decide what to include in the remodel. Once you have decided what you want to spend on the remodeling and subtracted the money allocated to labor, you will get a clear idea of what you can spend on flooring, sinks, and other bathroom fixtures.
- Do call professionals- Don’t try to install or move pipes on your own, as it can be difficult and you may end up wasting your time. You can also create more damage to your bathroom which will cost you more money to fix. Always call a professional for installation work.
- Do choose right flooring- Your bathroom’s surfaces do more than just contribute to the overall aesthetic of your bathroom. Tile is one of the most popular flooring options for bathrooms as it is durable, waterproof and stain-resistant. Another popular option is vinyl as it is also waterproof and stain resistant. Cork is another good option for flooring as it is resistant to mold and mildew and is water resistant.
Don’ts for Bathroom Remodeling
- Don’t move plumbing- One of the most important functional feature of a bathroom is plumbing. While renovation of your bathroom, try to keep your plumbing in the same place as trying to move plumbing can prove costly.
- Don’t do work yourself- You should hire a contractor as there are many difficult and complicated operations involved in bathroom renovation project like electrical, tiling, plumbing etc. Do not overlook the benefits of calling a contractor and save yourself a load of misery and time.
- Don’t clutter- Clear the counter, shower and toilet area from unnecessary clutter. While planning your bathroom remodel, decide what appliances are necessary to have on the counter. This will allow you to create storage for appliances below the counter.
Aspen Kitchens Inc. is here to walk with you through your remodel journey. From designing the new remodel, to actually doing the work, the team of professionals will be there. Call to talk to a team member today!